with 1,012 followers
The ACM Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference. CFP2011 will be in Washington DC and cyberspace. Stay tuned for more! http://cfp.org
We’re voting on the Social Network Users’ Bill of Rights we developed at this year’s Computers, Freedom, and Privacy conference
- To vote “yes”, please sign this petition.
We the users expect social network sites to provide us the following rights in their Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, and implementations of their system:
- Clarity: Make sure that policies, terms of service, and settings are easy to find and understand
- Freedom of speech: Do not delete or modify my data without a clear policy and justification
- Empowerment : Support assistive technologies and universal accessibility
- Self-protection: Support privacy-enhancing technologies
- Data minimization: Minimize the information I am required to provide and share with others
- Control: Let me control my data, and don’t facilitate sharing it unless I agree first
- Predictability: Obtain my prior consent before significantly changing who can see my data.
- Data portability: Make it easy for me to obtain a copy of my data
- Protection: Treat my data as securely as your own confidential data unless I choose to share it, and notify me if it is compromised
- Right to know: Show me how you are using my data and allow me to see who and what has access to it.
- Right to self-define: Let me create more than one identity and use pseudonyms. Do not link them without my permission.
- Right to appeal: Allow me to appeal punitive actions
- Right to withdraw: Allow me to delete my account, and remove my data
Adopted at the Computers, Freedom, and Privacy conference, in San Jose California and on Twitter, June 2010.
has not responded for over 3 years.
The ACM Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference. CFP2011 will be in Washington DC and cyberspace. Stay tuned for more!
Are you @cfpconf? Sign in right now
with your Twitter account to respond.